What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pop up pictures

We started school yesterday! I will post more about that later. Today I would like to share a cool little project we did tonight. Grandpa visited the other day with several pop up books in tow. This pop up concept was fascinating to my children. Thankfully, I was familiar with the basic construction, so we made some pop up pictures.

We kept the pop up sections very simple by keeping them square, and then the kids glued on clip art that I had printed off. As you will see, once they got the hang of it, they began to get very elaborate. I would love to see what they would do with more advanced techniques, and new colored pencils. (of which we are in desperate need lol) Sadie, above, enjoyed making a pic with bugs and butterflies.

Isaac obviously picked bugs. Actually, that was his second choice because I couldn't find any pics of scary animals. He even drew a little gameboard on tht bottom.

Holly did a great little scene with birds and a 3-D tree that she spent most of her time on.

Naomi did an entire underwater scene, and decided she needs to add another piece of paper to make a longer scene.

We had a great time, and kept the TV off!




No comments:

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider