What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simple woman's daybook

Join the daybook fun here.http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...It is quite dark outside, but the fireflies are flitting about like little fairy stars. I just reunited a momma goat with her baby. They ended up on opposite sides of the fence.

I am thinking...that it is a very weird sensation to be peed on.

I am thankful...that Noah weighs a whopping 12 lbs 4 oz. He is gaining well over the recommended ounce a day. That is great, since all my babies tend to be skinny.

From the learning rooms...We are spending the summer working diligently on our math and reading skills.We are using the early learning program from Jones Geniuses, which I highly recommend. I am so pleased with their progress. Each of them went to Amazon with me to pick out a book. I will buy it for them when they finish the reading program.


In the kitchen...My sourdough needs fed, and I need to finish mopping the floor. I am dehydrating some oregano.

I am wearing...a brown maternity tshirt (love those maternity tops!) and a hot pink batik skirt. I even found a barrette to put in my hair. Good things happen when you clean out the bathroom drawers lol.

I am creating...I'm working on a little ebook about parenting. I also need to do some editing on my beginning reader Torah Genesis and coordinate the illustrations.

I am going...crazy! Nah! Just kidding, I'm not going anywhere.

I am wondering...what I should fix for dinner tomorrow.

I am reading...The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain. I think it would make a great living book for high school geography.

I am hoping...to get some cucumbers planted this week. I know I'm way behind schedule, but I still have to try.

I am looking forward to...a nap. What a delicious luxury that would be!

I am hearing...fans running.

Around the house...I have been grouping like items together in boxes. For example, I designated a box for first aid supplies, and another for a 72 hour kit. I'm feeling ornery, if I throw in extra paper towels, can I call it a 73 hour kit?
One of my favorite things...chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish the last garden box, help Doug figure out how to finish the passive solar heater, and actually be comfortably ready for Sabbath this week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Joining you from Simple Woman's Daybook. I alway's "wondering" what to make for dinner. Thanks for sharing and cute picture.

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider