What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Healing, Part 2

My next question while seeking healing was: Why did I have two c-sections? Why did I need healing in the first place?


Scriptures are clear on the reason for sickness and disease. But I don’t think it’s an answer we want to spend too much time on. Of course, we will all admit that sin causes sickness and disease. But it’s a little harder to admit that MY sin caused MY sickness and disease.
Here are some verses I pondered.

Deuteronomy 28:15-68 It lists all the curses YHVH will send to us if we disobey. Note that He does not “allow, “ but rather He causes, brings, sends.

Follow the Israelites on their journey through the wilderness. Who sent the plagues? Who sent the snakes that bit them? Who sent leprosy to Miriam? Who healed her?
It has become quite clear to me that when I get sickness or pain or disease, YHVH sent it as a direct result of my sin. So why did I have a c-section? Once I realized that sin was the problem, my heart was quick to tell me that I lived in fear during that whole first pregnancy. I desperately pleaded with God to make everything go okay. That’s sin. I did not have faith, or trust. I worried to the point of unbelief.
So I repented of that sin, and my scar continued to fade, to the point that I could see a difference from day to day. Praise YHVH! But my journey was not over yet. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Michelle Gibson said...

I'm very interested in hearing the rest of your story ~ thank you for sharing!

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider