What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Friday, August 27, 2010

Can't we just pray?

Okay, it's embarrassing.  I'm supposed to be the teacher.  But today my six year old was.

We were supposed to go to the sawmill and pick up some slab wood.  My husband is working on the roof of our sukkah.  I failed to call ahead as I was supposed to, and no one was there.  Much frustration, arguing, unhappiness and just plain yuckiness ensued.

I asked my husband for forgiveness and he was giving me a big hug, when Holly spoke up.

"Mommy, can't we just pray that the sawmill guy will come home and we can go get the wood?"

"Yes, Holly, that is exactly what we can do."  And we did.  And guess what?  The sawmill guy came home and we got the wood, at a very good price, too.

Praise YHVH!  Thank you, Holly, for your much needed, though humbling, insight.

2 comments:

Sigalit Chana said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing ;D

Andi said...

Oh from the mouths of our dear little ones....many a times they see things so 'right' ;) Thank you for sharing!

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider