What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Monday, August 22, 2011

Pen Benefits


So I wrote a book about parenting. I hope you all enjoy it. I'm sure you won't agree about everything in it. And that's okay, because I wrote it mostly for myself. Suddenly, I have changed my perspective as a mother. (Perhaps I want to make sure I'm doing my best so I don't become a hypocrite. :) I suddenly find myself closing the lid to my laptop and looking at my children in the eye when they want me. I'm sitting on the front porch with the kids while Whiskey (our new dog) catches tennis balls. I'm helping the kids with their chores rather than barking when they don't do them by themselves. There's something about writing things down that motivates me beyond good intentions and happy thoughts. I'm very glad for it.

Is there something in your life that has never gone beyond good intentions.
1. Pray about it real hard.
2. Then write it down.
3. Look at it often.

Perhaps the simple act of putting pen to paper will be helpful to you, too.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Yep...I am finding the same things, Heidi the review is up...and I am really thankful for the chance. I also your new look on the blog...and please let me know what you think...I was completely honest in my opinion.

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider