What is my blog about? It's about Torah family living. It's about letting Torah affect our daily lives, from mealtime to bedtime, homeschooling to farm chores.


Saturday, May 7, 2011

As I wait

I am up early this morning. It is getting harder to sleep comfortably, well harder to even move in the bed lol. I find myself in an unexpected position. I am anxious to meet Noah, and wonder often, was that a contraction? But I feel enveloped with great peace that he will come at precisely the right moment. I pray that I will know for certain that I am in real labor. (No more false alarms, please! I have a bad history of that.) I pray that those helping me will not be inconvenienced. I pray that the birth will be peaceful and all present will be at ease and trusting YHVH. And somehow, this time, I know He has heard my prayers. I know He takes care of His own. I thank Him ahead of time for the amazing time that it will be. Will it be today? He knows. Noah knows. But they aren't telling me yet lol.

I came across this birth story this morning. (Thank you, Lusi, for linking to this site.) She put into words my hopes and dreams for my sixth baby also. I hope you are blessed by it. No matter what circumstances come our way, we should have this perspective.

 It is the first story, "Why I chose faith, a homebirth story."


Shabbat Shalom!

3 comments:

MommySetFree said...

I LOVE Hebrew baby! Thanks for reminding me about them! I go through stages where I watch a bunhc of their stuff then forget and go back. :-) What a precious things they are doing there to encourage the families!!!

Katie said...

That was such a sweet story :) Love baby stories! Please keep your midwife, though, so you can be safe and tell me ALL about her job :)
<3 Katie

Heidi said...

Don't worry, Katie! I adore my midwife, and I'll give you a full report.

You may enjoy reading:

More thoughts to consider